Have you recently downloaded the new version of Azureus (v184.108.40.206) and are now getting very slow downloads?
I did, and I tried everything to fix it (reinstalling, opening firewall ports, etc). It turns out there is a known issue with the latest version of Azureus – it requires the most recent version of the Java JRE (v1.5.0 or above – pick the third option in the list if you aren’t a Java Developer). Like most people, I have been running JRE (v1.4.02).
A quick upgrade to v1.5 fixed the download problem, however the new version appears to be in some kind of “update loop” – it requests a further update to be downloaded, installs it and then re-requests it again and again.
I’ve decided to roll back to the stable v220.127.116.11, which I know works well. From what I could see the only major new feature is RSS Importing as standard – which is something I already have installed via the plug-in.
(Azureus is in my opinion the best bit-torrent client around. It’s Java based, which is why it requires the JRE – the Java Runtime Environment. If you don’t know what JRE is you’re probably not a Java programmer, in which case you don’t need to download “Netbeans” or the JDK when requested! Netbeans is a Java development environment and JDK is the Java Development Kit).