Ted Gilchrist, creator of the fantastic BBC News Rebotocast text-to-speech podcast service, has created a similar service for my blog.
Rebotcast Reads Ben Metcalfe Blog takes my RSS feed and converts each post into speech. FeedBurner is then used to wrap it up into a podcast feed.
Subscribe via or add to Yahoo! Music Engine or Apple iTunes.
Thanks Ted for setting this up!
(I’m sure Ted won’t mind me saying that he’s running this as an “unsolicited unofficial service” and although I think it’s great, I can’t personally take any responsibility for it’s accuracy or timeliness.)
I’ve just finished my first attempt at a podcast, in preparation for greater things, I hope.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast RSS feed:
Shownotes: #0(beta) BMP 2005-07-27
- Ben Metcalfe Introduction
- Podcast kit – Sony Vaio VGN-U50, Griffin iMic, MP3 player
- backstage.bbc.co.uk Open Tech 05
- Jeremy Zawodny of Yahoo! visits BBC
- London geekdinner.co.uk
- Lee Wilkins (+ Mrs) Podcasting – http://thejennyandleeshow.com/
- Bar Blanca
- Birthday – surprise office party on flickr
- Tas Firin – excellent Turkish charcoal grill resturant near Brick Lane
- Ron Metcalfe (my father) My “Hepatitis C” Webblog, Face of NHS Hep C Awareness Campaign
- Send feedback/audio comment (max 5MB) to podcast (at) benmetcalfe.com