Last week we launched a totally new version of the Seesmic website – with a much improved interface on the front end that builds upon 2008’s rewrite of the back-end. The new has version got some great reviews and I know the whole team is very pleased with the positive feedback it’s received. Do check it out if you haven’t tried Seesmic recently.
This week our concentration has moved to Twhirl, our Twitter (+ Seesmic, FriendFeed and Identi.Ca) client we produce. Once again there’s lots of buzz around some exciting new features in the forthcoming version, including:
- The gathering under the “replies tab” of all tweets that include @yourusername, not just when it’s added at the start of a tweet
- Ping.fm integration that posts your status messages from Twhirl to Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, WordPress and a other sites
- One-click recording of new and reply Seesmic videos straight from Twhirl
- Saved search, to keep across the discussion of your favorite terms across the twittersphere
- More url shortening providers, including bit.ly and more
I’ve been using the beta version of Twhirl for a few days now and I have to say it’s excellent. We’ll be releasing the new version of Twhirl soon, but in the meantime you can get immediate access to the preview version by joining our brand new beta test group called “Team Seesmic-Twhirl”.