A lot of people ask me which broadband ISP we are with. Well, we have a Plus.Net Premier account – which we are very happy with and would certainly recommend to others.
Plus.Net Premier provides us with an uncapped 2MB connection on a static IP (although you can elect to have a dynamic IP if you prefer) for a very reasonable £21.99 inc VAT per month.
However, I’ve just discovered that Plus.Net will offer new customers a Premier account for just £9.99 for three months (then back to £21.99 thereafter) – which doesn’t seem like a bad deal at all.
I like Plus.Net because:
- Excellent peering agreements via 10Gbps connection with LoNAP
- 24/7 tech support on an 0845 local call number
- Static IP on request
- No 12-month contract to sign
- Tolerant of high p2p and SSH use – both in policy and technical infrastructure
- One of few uncapped 2MB options for those on exchanges that are not LLU’d
- Offer a number of complimentary services with each account such as a free fax-to-email telephone number
If you don’t use p2p much, you can get a Plus account instead of a Premier account, which gives lower priority to p2p use but only costs £14.99 inc VAT a month – again that’s uncapped.